« Older   Newer »

1. loulou71

DOBBINA ''FONDATRICE ''ADULTE MALATE DI TOKIOHOTELLITE''

Group
    Amministratore

Status
    Anonymous

The Adulth Interview Gianluca Fellini

Gianluca Fellini was born in Rimini, Italy, in 1981. During a surfing trip in California in 2004, he discovered his talent and love for photography. Without hesitation, he quit his professional basketball player position, and his law studies in Italy, moving to New York City to pursue his passion. Since then, he has created compelling images for numerous editorials and campaigns internationally. The past few years, his passion for photography has also translated into another medium: film. He has shot various music and fashion videos, short films and a first feature length movie. His photographs and films have been exhibited in various galleries and institutions, including the Chelsea Museum, White Box gallery and Holy BOS festival in New York; ABBA Fine Arts (with Nouvelle Vague) during Basel 2012 in Miami, and most recently a solo exhibit at Oblyon in Barcelona.

Questions to Gianluca

Is this the first time you direct a video and if not, with whom you collaborated in the past?

It is not the first time I direct a musical video, but never which such high-profile artists. Let’s say the others were just a good rehearsal....

When did you meet TH?

I met them in NY in 2008 during their first concerts in the USA

How did you start to work with them? Did you know their music already?

I knew their music because my little sister made me hear them in 2008, I think when Moonson was released.
    Before working together we were friends, so we knew each other as friends and artists.
    When the timing was right, and my art clicked with their music, the collaboration started.

What persuaded you to take part to their project?

First, I estimate them and are very fond of them. Secondly, it is a huge opportunity to show my visual performance to a much larger audience

Can you tell us something more about the creative process that led to the visual concept of RRR? Did the guys take part to it and if so, how?

The creative process was extremely simple because we did want a simple concept.
    Yes, they did take part to it, their guidelines were simplicity and a black and white theme, which is actually one of my main features.
    They saw themselves in a recording studio, working on a song. I created the rest, playing with the shots, the lighting and trying to convey their emotions.

Do you share the love for dogs with the boys? In your IG profile there is a photo of you hugging a beautiful
    puppy .

Yes, I love animals, if I could I’d love to live in the jungle! The little dog is Pedro : my girlfriend and I found him on a street in a rainy day. He was only 30 days old and when I took him in my arms he already had a name! It was love at first sight!

Your being Italian has somehow perked the guys’ curiosity? Did you ever talk about their Italian experience?

They LOVE Italy, our lifestyle, the love of fans and mostly the food! But honestly I don’t think that me being Italian has affected my choice as director of their video.

Do you foresee any other collaborations in the future? Any anticipations?

At the moment there is nothing on the plate, I certainly hope so, based on the great reaction to the video. In any case, our friendship goes well over the work. They are wonderful guys! They are setting an example to follow.

The project for this interview came out in August. I contacted Gianluca in September with these questions via e-mail. He has been most kindly and accommodating and I would like to thank him, on behalf of our Forum and all the persons who took part in the project.

VIDEO RUN,RUN,RUN :wub:

Video

MAKING OF

Video

credits: scan THTV

Interview:
    loulou71
    Asuchan
    La Bibbi
    Eleazza
    *blinka*
    Danyta